Access Information to Venue of Special SIGMUS Symposium
(in conjunction with 10th International Society for Music Information
Retrieval Conference (ISMIR 2009) )
@ University of Tokyo, Japan on Nov 2, 2009.
The Hongo Campus of the University of Tokyo is located in the center of
the Tokyo metropolitan area. Access time from Kobe (the venue of ISMIR
2009) or Kyoto (the venue of the CrestMuse Workshop 2009) should be
about 3 or 4 hours.
Recommended route from ISMIR/CrestMuse Workshop
1. JR Shinkansen from Kobe/Kyoto to Tokyo Station
2. Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line from Tokyo Station to Hongo-Sanchome
3. 10 minute walk from Hongo-Sanchome Station to Hongo Campus
- Central Japan Railway Company (information about the JR Shinkansen)
- Tokyo Metro (information about the Tokyo Metro Subway)
- Hongo Campus Access Map (from University of Tokyo web site)
We recommend reserving a hotel near Tokyo Station, which is the last stop for
JR Shinkansen trains from Kobe/Kyoto, and also connects to the Tokyo Metro
Marunouchi Line. Here is a short list of major hotels in the area:
- Marunouchi Hotel
- Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi
- Yaesu Terminal Hotel
The following web site may also be useful to find other hotels, and general
tourism information of the Tokyo area.
- Tokyo Tourism Info (Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
Back to Special SIGMUS Symposium.
Takuya Fujishima, Yamaha
Masataka Goto, AIST
Keiichiro Hoashi, KDDI R&D Laboratories
Shigeki Sagayama, University of Tokyo
Contact e-mail: sigmus200911[at]qwik.itri.aist.go.jp
All pages are copyrighted by the author. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly